Vegan Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins
Say hello to the best pumpkin muffins eva! I’m talkin’ toddler approved people. And not to mention they’re vegan and gluten-free! I don’t know about you, but I’m callin’ it a win for this household!
*This post contains affiliate links to products I personally recommend. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Purchasing them here from my blog is no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!
These pumpkin muffins are, by far, one of the kids’ faaaavorite snacks (okay, and mine too). They are even better during a chilly fall day, but to be honest, we eat them year round!
I actually tweaked this recipe from my Dad’s infamous Witz pumpkin bread (sorry I can’t quite leak that recipe yet). It’s been in our family since he was a young kid himself. Every fall and holiday season he would whip up a few batches (yes a few were needed in our family) of his amazing pumpkin bread. Us kids would basically be drooling while we waited for them to cool off.
Unfortunately, in my late teenage years, my doctor recommended I go on a gluten free diet for health reasons. It was a tough adjustment, but I remember how much harder it was the first time my dad made his pumpkin bread. Ohhh man did I miss them.
It wasn’t long until I started baking it with different gluten free flours. And now I’ve made them full vegan due to my kiddos food allergies.
After a few trials (and many errors), I think we finally have a winner for an all around allergy-friendly pumpkin muffin! Yay!
Any time I even mention baking up a batch of pumpkin muffins, my kids’ eyes light up. Then they proceed to beg and plead if it takes more than 30 minutes to get going (so I’ve learned my lesson there haha).
They absolutely looove to help mommy cook, which warms my mama heart. We’re not only baking a semi-healthy, allergy-friendly snack, but we’re creating memories, which is even better.
I hope you enjoy them as much as we do! They are deeelish in our book!
- 1 + 3/4 cups flour of choice (I use Namaste Foods Organic Perfect Flour Blend-Gluten Free or King Arthur Flour- Gluten Free)
- 1 cup sugar of choice (or 3/4 cup honey, but it does change the taste slightly)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup organic applesauce (or 2 eggs)
- 1/2 cup oil of choice (I use coconut oil)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 + 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- PREHEAT oven to 350˚F
- SIFT all dry ingredients in large bowl (flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt)
- MIX all wet ingredients in separate bowl (applesauce, oil, water, and canned pumpkin)
- COMBINE both wet and dry ingredients and mix well (This White KitchenAid is our faaaavorite to use while baking!)
- LINE muffin and cupcake pan with baking cups (or grease without baking cups)
- POUR mix into each cup
- BAKE for 20-25 minutes (or until top begins to crisp slightly)
- COOL for 5-10 minutes
This typically creates about 12-15 medium sized muffins, depending on your pan size.
Try these CopperKitchen Baking Pans. They’re environmentally friendly and toxic free! (not pictured)
I’d love to hear how you liked this recipe, so don’t forget to come on back and leave a comment!